Last updated May 6, 2020
Registered Users: persons who use the Platform and have an Account with the Platform.
Unregistered Users: persons who use the Platform and do not have an Account with the Platform.
Users: Both Registered Users and Unregistered Users.
Personal Information: information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your username and email address, as well as information that is linked to such information.
Anonymous Information: information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Platform, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Types of Information We Collect about You
We collect Anonymous Information about our Unregistered Users. This includes your activities on the Platform, such as usage data. We may acquire your device information, such as IP address or browser information, during your activities on the Platform. We do not, however, store any additional information about an Unregistered User once the Unregistered User ceases interacting with the Platform. We do not require our Unregistered Users to provide any Personal Information. We may collect Unregistered Users’ Personal Information if it is voluntarily provided to us.
We collect both Personal Information and Anonymous Information about our Registered Users. Other than a username and a valid email address, a Registered User is not required to disclose other types of Personal Information.
We may obtain certain information from the devices of Registered Users, such as IP address and browser information, while the Registered Users use our Platform. We do not, however, store such device information.
We collect information about Registered Users that is voluntarily provided to us during use of our Platform, including when you reach out to us via the Contact Us page on our Platform.
Information Collected with Technologies
We use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze online behavior data of all Users. We do this to better understand how you use our Platform, with a view toward offering improvements for all Users, and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
We also use Mixpanel to track and analyze Users’ behavioral data. More information about this service can be found at its website at https://mixpanel.com/.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following representative business purposes:
- Help you create an account on our Platform
- Respond to messages you’ve sent us via the Contact Us page.
- Send communications and administrative emails
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Platform, such as providing tailored content
- Improve the quality of the Platform and perform internal operations, including fraud detection
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Platform
- Where you have provided your Personal Information to us, you may withdraw your consent at any time and opt out. The use of your Personal Information and the withdrawal of the consent are subject to applicable legal and ethical obligations that may apply as well as our lawful ability to enforce our rights or your obligations to us including your obligations to us in separate agreement(s).
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes: Perform internal operations of the Platform Improve the Platform and customize the User experience Use in statistical analysis to help us track behaviors and analyze patterns
We may target (and measure the performance of) content to Users, both on and off our Platform, using the following data, whether separately or combined: User-provided information (e.g., contact information) Data from your use of our Platform (e.g., connections, page visits, videos watched, or content clicked, etc.)
Information inferred from data described above
When you visit the Platform, we may show you content based on information we collected about you. If you take an action (such as like, comment or share) on this content, your action is associated with your Account and may be viewable by others.
How We Share and Disclose Information
Registered and Unregistered Information
As a Registered User, your profile information including your username and profile picture is visible to all Users of our Platform. We do not share Personal Information or Anonymous Information of an Unregistered User with other Users.
Third Party Analytics Tools
We share information collected about you with the third party services, including Google Analytics and Mixpanels, for behavioral analysis.
Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend CrossCircles’, or a third party’s rights or property.
Aggregated Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other Users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties.
Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by updating your account on the Platform. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we may not be able to delete or modify any such information.
Security and Data Retention
California Privacy Rights
The right to notice that personal information will be collected
The right to know what personal information has been collected, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose, and to whom it was sold or disclosed.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected about you in the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we may disclose the following to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we’ve shared that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, we may disclose to you two - separate lists disclosing:
- All sales of your Personal Information, identifying the categories of Personal Information that were - sold and the categories of third parties who purchased that information; and
- All disclosures of your Personal Information for a business purpose, identifying the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed and the categories of each third party who received such information.
The right to opt-out of the sale of personal information:
We do not sell User’s Personal Information absent another agreement between you and us. We have not sold any Personal Information in the past 12 months.
We, however, may sell information in the How We Use Your Information Section.
The right to have your Personal Information deleted
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we may delete your Personal Information from our records, in accordance with applicable law.
The right to non-discrimination as a result of exercising these rights.
More information regarding how to contact us is found on our https://www.crossminds.ai/help/contact-us.