This week in drone news: the FAA Symposium is next week, Pentagon report clears DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Matrice 600, Kittyhawk gets a new name, Autel Robotics gets a new CEO, and Pilot Institute partners with Gresco Tech.
0:45 FAA Symposium
02:51 Pentagon Completes AUDIT Clearing DJI Aircraft
04:36 Randall Warnas is the new Autel CEO
05:58 Pilot Institute Update
Our Other Channels
- PIXL Drone Show: drone-related podcast, posts every Tuesday morning. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeSmbjvE0etKry8Nk2n0CQ
- Pilot Institute Airplane: our airplane channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgBjGoM-yn_3bH8Qr9xkXA
- Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
- Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
- Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
- Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
- Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
- T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
- Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
FAA Symposium June 9th and 10th. Some notable topics include Safety and Operations Over people, Nighttime UAS operations (Greg) 12:40pm EDT,
Recreational Flyers and TRUST, Public Safety and disaster response with drones: Coitt Kesler and Adam Johnson, and UAS and STEM.
The pentagon audit cleared two DJI drones for Government use.
The report found “no malicious code or intent and are recommended for use by government entities and forces working with US services”
Aircraft cleared are the Mavic Pro and the Matrice 600
Kittyhawk Renamed Alogt. App name changed but the interface remained the same. We're not sure why the name changed.
Autel Robotics gets a new CEO. Randall Warnas was the head of Global Industrial sUAS at FLIR. Prior to that, he was the Enterprise Sales Manager for DJI. He plans to focus on “transparency and data security.”
He wants to show the world that Autel can build a quality drone and build trust. https://dronelife.com/2021/06/01/randall-warnas-named-ceo-at-autel-robotics-whats-next-for-global-drone-manufacturer/
Finally, Pilot Institute has partnered with Gresco Technology Solutions to provide part 107 training. Pilot Institute will train Gresco’s employees and customers for the Part 107 certificate. Gresco provides a wide variety of UAS services across the country including Thermal Imaging, Inspections, Airspace security and Aerial Mapping.
More information at grescoUAS.com