Given the institutional relations that Fide maintains, we have organized this panel which was held at ECAI2020 on Sunday 30th August at 15:30pm (CEST).
This year the 24th edition of ECAI ('European Conference on Artificial Intelligence') took place between 29 August and 8 September 2020. This worldwide reference meeting, organized by CiTIUS (Singular Center for Research in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela - Spain), took the form of a digital event for the first time in its half century of history.
Description: AI is the star technology of the IV Industrial Revolution. But the foundations of its development in the US, China and Europe are at odds. Do not miss a fascinating discussion with three leaders in search of common issues to build the new era!
AI key players will set the scene for the Conference start and reply to our audience on:
• Challenges faced by technology companies and governments for a responsible and accountable development of AI,
• How can governments be regulating without hampering growth in AI to match economic development, citizens' needs and labor issues?
• Any space for other players beyond government and companies?
• Which actions should specifically be developed in Europe, or has Europe "lost the train"?
• How to compare latest developments in the USA, Europe and China? Who leads AI? Who will lead AI?
The interactive Q&A format will be privileged for this Session
• Margaret Chen, Founder of Optimus Horizon
• Cornelia Kutterer, Senior Director, European Government Affairs, Rule of Law & Responsible Tech at Microsoft
• Nuria Oliver, Data Scientist at Data-Pop Alliance, Chief Scientific Advisor at the Vodafone Institute and co-founder of ELLIS (The European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems).
Moderator: Prof. Laurent Manderieux, Professor of Intellectual Property Law at L. Bocconi University of Milan, Italy. Member of the Academic Council of Fide.
Panel Director: Prof. Manuel Desantes, Professor of Private International Law at the University of Alicante since 1992 and Member Of Counsel of the firm Elzaburu. Member of the Academic Council of Fide.